Monday, April 27, 2009

Probably the most bipolar week of my life

Right now I am feeling...
-Lonely: My best friend left on Wednesday and I won't see her for at least 18 months. There are so many things I'm used to telling her and only her, and there is only so much I can fit in a letter... and I don't get the instant gratification of her listening and talking right back to me.
-Mellow: I just got broken up with and strangely, I don't even mind in the slightest. It's the first time I've ever been on exactly the same page with someone. It all lasted about 5 days.
-Frustrated: I've been looking forward to and preparing for Mexico for months and months, only to receive an email stating that there's a chance the trip will be canceled due to the swine flu. I'm not really sure how I'll react if this life-changing experience gets tossed out the window. Maybe I would toss myself out the window too. (exaggeration: I'm too smart to stoop to suicide. But if the trip gets canceled, you can count on me having a date with Ben and Jerry, and enjoying a little P&P, a.k.a. Pride and Prejudice which, I'll have you know, is really 5 hours long and not 6 as so many people say. Each segment lasts 50 minutes and there are 6 segments. So unless you take breaks in between each one, you'll save that hour. What are you going to do with your extra hour??!??!?!?!?!???!?[Interrobang])
-Scared: If the trip isn't canceled, what if I get the swine flu? And then I'd be quarantined and cut off from all of my friends. :(
-Grateful: My brother just got married, and I love my new sister-in-law.
-Satisfied: I just sang Boston's "More than a Feeling" like the rocker I sometimes am inside. I needed it.
-Proud of myself: I ran two miles today somewhat easily, although I haven't been super consistent lately and assumed I was totally out of shape.
-Blessed: I can see so many ways that Heavenly Father is looking out for me. Someday I'll understand my circumstances, and probably when I'm not feeling a trillion emotions at once. Until then, I need to trust in His wisdom and stay on His path, being faithful even when things are happening that I can't even begin to understand.

Please forgive me for the journal entry type post this time. I just needed to get it all written down.

2 comments:

Nae said...

I've been wondering about you and Mexico. Either way, I'll be praying for your safety. I mean, even if you stay here, running TWO WHOLE MILES? Talk about dangerous. I would've fallen down dead. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this post! It's so nice stating emotions and feelings sometimes- that's what a blog is for!!! You're awesome!