Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day #5: An outsider's view of a cute little bird in her natural habitat


Robyn had some pretty sweet New Years and Fourth of July parties at her house, always involving fireworks, food, a promise to go hot-tubbing but never really doing it (at least I never have), immature High School boys, girls wanting to be noticed by the immature High School boys, and the immature High School boys paying much more attention to the other immature High School boys doing stupid things with the fireworks and eating all the food.

I really love going to Robyn's house. Her parents always call me "Dianey Face", hug me, and feed me. Her brother always says something snide, making me feel truly like a little sister. And Robyn always treats me just the same way she always treats me: like her best friend. This is why she lets me hug her parents, eat her food, and say something snide back to her brother.

One thing that I love about Robyn is how she is the same person no matter who she's with. She's so comfortable with who she is, that you can always count on her being herself and not putting on a mask (besides that one masquerade... pretend you hear that drumset noise that comes after a lame joke). A lot of people act like two different people: one around their family and one around their friends. But seeing Robyn in her home shows me that she knows who she is, and we can count on her being her incredible super-cute self all the time.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

The second paragraph is my favorite. :) You're a talented writer!

Anonymous said...

I second the post. Nice picture to go with it. :)