Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day #4: "...make it last forever, friendship never ends..."

I've been to a lot of dances with Robyn over the years. Date dances, stag dances, stake dances, even a masquerade once.

One thing that I love about Robyn is her love for the Spice Girls. It really surprised me the first time she mentioned this to me, because when I was little I thought the Spice Girls were so bad, I'm not really sure why. Maybe they were or maybe I'm just judgmental: there's no way of knowing now because I have too much pride to google them and find out more. The image of Robyn as a little girl, singing along with Baby, Sporty, Thyme and Lemon Pepper just seemed out of place with all this innocence that I assumed defined her.

I recall that she especially loved/s that song: "Now tell me what you want, what you really really want..." I remember one date dance in particular when this song came on and Robyn's enthusiasm made all the girls dance like everyone was watching. And they were, let me tell you.

Not my favorite picture... but... unless I were to scan some hilariously awkward pictures from the High School days, this is all I've got. Hmmmm. Maybe I shall. :)

2 comments:

Robyn said...

You're telling the world wide web all my secrets! :) What dance was it you were referring to?

Anonymous said...

Scan the awkward ones. You owe it to the world.