Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day #1

of these two Robyn Brough appreciation weeks.

In two weeks from today (well... yesterday technically I guess... I'm still denying that it's so soon), Robyn will enter the MTC to prepare for a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Paris, France. She's going to be the bestest, cutest little missionary ever! I'm super excited for her to have this experience, jealous of France for their chance to have her, and a little sad for me. But it'll be alright.

These next two weeks, I'm going to post a memory or story of her every day. I hope you enjoy. And if only Robyn ends up reading these, that's okay with me!

The first time I really bonded with Robyn was at Taco Bell our Junior year of High School (2004 I believe). Before that, I had known her and we had mutual friends, but I just thought that we were so different; too different to ever be good friends. She got straight A's, I mean 4.0s for crying out loud, was in tons of honor societies, took AP classes like crazy and just was the most brilliant, perfect girl that could do no wrong. I saw no fault with her (and even now have a hard time finding any), and compared myself to her as being disorganized, messy, irresponsible, chubby and just plain average. How could we possibly have anything in common?

That night, we ate fake Mexican food, and talked, most likely grabbing a few extra straws to see if any boys were thinking about us and then try to flick them and break them (or maybe the straw thing came later... I'm not sure). Somewhere between the taco crunching and straw flicking, we really opened up to each other. I'm sure the base of the conversation was about boys we liked, and not too much has changed over the years. :) I am so grateful for that night at Taco Bell.


Here we are as cute little High Schoolers, in front of my house. We're pretty darn cute, but I'd venture to say we're even cuter now. ;)

4 comments:

Nae said...

Even cuter? You gals are unspeakably fatal!
I love you both, and this is a great idea, Diane! Robyn! Be sure to feel appreciated. Because you are! :)

Robyn said...

Oh no... que pregnante! I reserve the right to deny any present or future claims. :) You're a sweetheart, Dianey! (You too, Janae.)

Anonymous said...

Cute Di. We'll all miss Robyn eh?

Dianey Face said...

Gabe commented to me in person that we look exactly the same. He's kind of right. :)