Saturday, March 22, 2008

These are a few of my [least] favorite things...

"Mondays" made it to my "Bottom 15" list today. "Centipedes/Millipedes" are a new addition as well (we discussed them and other dangerous Arthropods today in Biology). Both give me major chills and make my stomach feel like it's floating around in the dark, damp, hollow cavity of my body. Not that my body is hollow. But it feels unnaturally so when I come in contact with these detestable things. The chills and the unconnected stomach: it isn't always a bad feeling. An example of it being a somewhat pleasant sensation would be like when I'm going up (click click click) the beginning part of a roller-coaster ride, and I get really scared, and start muttering to whoever is next to me "I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!" and have an urge to feel the ground under my feet, but at the same time I'm really excited, and pretty soon I'm giggling uncontrollably and trying to keep my eyes open and not lose my sunglasses when we go through the loop-dee-loop part. And after the roller-coaster the first thing I do is run to the end of the line to "enjoy" the thrill again. However, there is no excitement whatsoever when it comes to creepy crawly scuttle-y things. All through the lecture, Robyn and I felt them crawling all over us, but when we looked they must've gone invisible. A new strategy for survival, I'm sure of it! And Mondays? I can't think of a Monday in my life when I haven't felt at least somewhat frumpy, grumpy and annoyed.

Why do these things even exist? If I could go straight from Sunday to Tuesday... how marvelous would that be? Pretty darn. And if centipedes/millipedes could just exist in science fiction novels, I wouldn't ever have to even imagine them (as I try to avoid that genre like the plague).

Just to prove I'm well-rounded, I have a "Top 15" as well. Two of them include
*Sitting on a ledge or table where my legs can swing and my feet can't touch
*Finishing a good book

I spent a little too much time on this blog. I've been a little "blog-conscious" ever since finding out that mine is sometimes read by the notable Ben Crowder, king of Blogdom. And it's not even that good. Sad.

3 comments:

Barney Lund said...

I thought it quite good, Diane. No worries. Do you happen to like taking the first scoop out of a new peanut butter bottle? That's in my Top 15.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, "not even that good"? Wrong. :) Diane, Diane, Diane, don't be blog-conscious, I'm just an ordinary person like everybody else. Seriously. Just keep being yourself on here -- which is what you have been doing, and that's why your blog is such a delight to read. This post, for example, is awesome. Have you ever thought about writing fiction? Because if you haven't, you really should. You've got talent.

Dianey Face said...

Awww. Thank you both. My self-esteem has been boosted considerably by your comments.