Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And I would run 3.1 miles, and I would run 3.1 more...

Forgive me for being blog-happy, but I'm pretty psyched. I just signed up for my first race! It's the Rex Lee Run, and it will be a week from Saturday. I'm only going to run a 5K, but that's a pretty big deal for me.

Three weeks ago, when we had a little fake spring, I decided it was high time for me to get in shape. I've been running 4-6 times a week since. I want to be able to do fun outdoorsy things this summer without the embarrassment that accompanies lagging behind, or being unable to participate. I've always hated running. But for almost a week now I've been loving it! It's as if I've had a change of heart or something. I feel the healthiest I've felt in a long time.

I can now add running to my "new discoveries" list: along with country music, blogging, peas, and Spanish. Things I used to have biases against, but now have appreciation and even love toward.

Hooray!

1 comment:

Barney Lund said...

Yours has got to be one of the most refreshing blogs out there, Diane. I love reading it. You're motivating some of the rest of us, you know...