Friday, March 21, 2008

Service with a Smile!

Service is amazing. The feeling of making someone smile, or even making them think I'm weird by being friendly (I guess it's not in style these days to say "hi" to strangers.) is enough to keep me happy all day long. There have been times lately that I've been so grumpy and self aware and bitter, and I block everyone else out and wallow in self-pity. But then I realize how blessed I am and get a prompting to serve others, and I'm the one who really benefits from it because of how extremely happy it makes me feel. Wow. The gospel is truly incredible.

2 comments:

Paul Epperson said...

I remember sitting in a training meeting during the beginning of my mission. We were talking about being happy. I told my mission president that no matter how bad I was feeling, all I had to do was go outside and say hello to people. I would say "Bonjour" and whatever response, and I mean WHATEVER response they gave me, it made me laugh (at least internally) and smile.

tbone said...

ok now, manly dianly...like i said, this is sardines. no tellin anybody else where i'm hindin ;)