Thursday, July 2, 2009

Showers, Presidents, and a Love List

I wish I had a computer in my time machine. I don't know how I could control for fogging up the screen, or water damage, but it would just be nice, because that's the place where all my best blogging ideas come. Usually with the time it takes to get out, get dry, get dressed, and run over to the nearest portal to this pseudo world, I've forgotten many of the things I wanted to say.

Sometimes when I read over past posts that I've written, I feel like this blog naturally has a negative or critical feel to it. I don't mean to apologize for things I've written, as I often feel them necessary in representing what's behind my smiling face. I just hope that people who read my blog, or people in general don't think I'm fake in my enthusiasm when they talk to me in person. That reminds me, it is said that one time someone accused Abraham Lincoln of being two-faced. He replied, "If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?" I've always liked that. :)

Anyway, who cares what people think about me?! [Interrobang.] I think I'm as happy as I seem, and I also think about and sometimes must vent about things. Just like anybody.

Today I love:
Manรก (a Mexican band)
running with Suzie (it's an almost-miserable experience without her)
pot o gold cake*
fireflies
driving fast with my arm out the window
my shoes that velcro for no reason
kisses on the cheek from small children
kisses in general ;)

*this amazing flour-less chocolate cake with a layer of cheesecake cooked onto the top. We had it last night for dessert, and Paige left most of it in her bowl. Jason said, "If you don't like that, you're gonna hate heaven. The streets are paved with flour-less chocolate cake!"

1 comment:

Naazju said...

You should post the recipe for pot o' gold cake! :D