Sunday, July 12, 2009

Feelin' a little artsy...

This morning I saw an envelope in the trash, with a used liberty stamp winking at me. Before I could suppress the left side of my brain, I instantly thought, "What could I make with that?" visions of collages or cool art projects with used stamps came to my mind. So I clipped it out to save it for later.

The other day I was trying to get my room presentable for some relatives who are staying over (Del and Marylou, Julia, Fae) and as I looked through all the fabric I have left over from different projects I've done, I instantly thought, "Quilt!!" My deceased grandma Ellsworth made hundreds of them throughout her life, and I've wanted to make one for a while now. The best thing is that the fabric I have doesn't match or correspond, which makes my future quilt random, but that's how many of hers were.

It is such a wonderful feeling to create. I love this talk by Elder Uchtdorf, about creating and the satisfaction it brings.

2 comments:

Naazju said...

I love that talk, too! It was so wonderful to hear him ask/tell us to let us express ourselves in so many different ways. I hope you can finish the quilt before you leave!

Anonymous said...

tie quilt? Just a thought