Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Toodle-pip! I'm off to Spatula City!"

I came across this clip when I was youtubing the other day ("youtubing"? I youtube, you youtube, she youtubes, we were youtubing, they youtubed...) and I smiled a smile that ran all round my face two times (Rudyard Kipling: Just So Stories reference). I saw this commercial when I was young, and it's been a family inside joke ever since. We sing the little jingle at the end all the time. It was really funny to see it again. My favorite is "Bar Mitzvah" and "There's no better way to say 'I love you' than...". I love how you can find just about anything on youtube these days.

Also, last night I introduced Jeeves and Wooster to some friends who had never seen it. Man, that show is good. I love how after watching 50ish minutes of British Comedy, it's difficult to refrain from saying "Cheerio" and "What ho!" every so often. My friend Kendel seemed to really identify with Bertie Wooster, played by a younger and less crass - than "House"- Hugh Laurie. Why? I don't know. Maybe they share hilarity and slight awkwardness. (I only included that because I know that Kendel is a new reader ;) ) Anyway, I looked for the soundtrack on the internet and just found a lot of sites saying that the music was all out of print. :( Maybe I'll go to DI... sometimes people throw away the most valuable stuff. (insert hopeful smiley here)

I almost bought a blue acoustic guitar off of ebay just now. But then I realized that I don't have any money. I suppose I'll wait for my next paycheck.

I think I want to go to Ecuador in January. I'm still researching the possibilities. I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I love Dianey. If you go to Ecuador, I hope you're planning to pack me in your bags. :)

Anonymous said...

So, what happened to your plans for Ecuador?