Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jumbo/Large

I think it would be really fun to go on a roadtrip sometime soon... maybe just over a weekend or something. It's great to get on the road and sing along too loudly with the radio, snack on Pringles and other such necessary-for-road-trips-snacks, create fun memories, traditions, and inside jokes, and make fun of the names of small towns that you pass. I've been on many road trips with my family, so I have the authority to say that roadtrips with friends are a lot better. Part of it might be because I was traumatized as a child by having to sit on a lap all the way to California (or wherever else we'd go) for our annual road trip. We had 5 kids in my family at that time and only 5 spots in the car... let's just say it got pretty cozy. There we were, myself, my three brothers, my sister, somebody's discman, somebody's pillow, somebody's book, a half-dozen pens that had run out of ink, crumbs all over the seat, a bag open and ready for trash and/or vomit, and constant whining, "Are we there yet?"s and bickering. But hey, it builds character, right?

So, if you have any ideas where I should go on a roadtrip this summer, let me know. And if your name is Robyn Brough, then I'll want you to come along.

Click on the link. That's got to be one of my favorite Strong Bad Emails.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I think I'm the only friend you've ever gone on a road trip with, and vice versa... ah, the memories. So I went to Google maps and found "our" town -- Malad! Good times. :)

Jared said...

If you were nerdy enough you could just take your birthday and Robyn's birthday and put them after the decimal point of your current GPS coordinates. See where it takes you....probably not too far, probably just far enough.

Anonymous said...

I know how you hate going on road trips with family...but what if we pretended we were "just friends"? Could I come along? I've always wanted to road trip to Mexico.

Kendel said...

two words: strongbadia

Nae said...

Man...road trip! I've only ever roadtripped with my siblings...but that was way cool. In fact, I might be tripping somewhere soon...but I have an evil, diabolical plan to go with it. Ask me for details! I want to share them. ;)