Saturday, June 7, 2008

Relay for Life

I had a really cool and touching experience last night. I went to the Relay for Life at a local Junior High School. I was invited by my friend Marybeth and thought it would be good to see what it was all about. The Relay for Life is a celebration for those who have survived cancer, and a memorial for those who have passed on because of it. People walk around the track, and the point is to have somebody from every team walking or running on the track all through the night. There were performers including KISS (no, really... and they look and sound scary!), movies playing, donuts, pizza, the choice of hot chocolate or coffee, friends, family members and it was just a really cool sight to see. It was fascinating to remember how many people that cancer affects, but it's great how it is becoming more curable than it was. Technology is getting better, doctors are careful and wise, and there is hope.

I am so grateful to be healthy. Every breath I take is a miracle. Life is wonderful!

2 comments:

Nae said...

Life IS wonderful! And I love you!

Mitch N' Golden said...

Hello I randomly found your blog, its a neat one, but ah I once did a Relay for Life at my high school probably one of the sweetest things I ever did.