Saturday, June 14, 2008

"It's like it's my birthday or something!"

Well, it was, about 42 minutes ago according to my clock on the bottom right corner of the computer screen, which is quite slow, which is the reason that I'm almost late to work every day. So, probably more than 42 minutes ago...

Yeah. I say that (see the title) when something really cool and happy happens, which has been a lot of times in my life. Sometimes I'm just overwhelmed with the kindness people show toward me. I feel like I have a birthmark on my forehead that says: "Be extra nice to this one." and everybody complies.

Like today, (well, a little while ago) it was my birthday, and I was standing in line with a really cool guy waiting to ride a ferris wheel. We thought that if we needed to pay for it, we could when we got to the front of the line. It was a really long line, and we had waited for quite a while, when suddenly we heard chatter about needing "tickets" of some sort. It turned out that the ticket selling booth was closed, and when we got really close to the front of the line we saw a sign saying "Tickets only, no cash accepted". I felt slightly anxious... I mean, it would've been okay not to go... it wouldn't have killed me, but we were so close, you know? And then, the people in front of us gave us (for FREE!) some tickets so that we could have a really fun time, and it was like it was my birthday or something.

Things like that happen to me even when it's not my birthday. I just feel so extremely blessed to have the friendships and associations that I have. And even complete strangers being so kind??! Life is beautiful. This isn't really my regular blog style, and it may seem a little cheesy and impersonal, but I just want to shout out to everyone who may read this, THANK YOU for your influence on me and for helping me not just have a great birthday, but also such a happy, incredible life!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I didn't think it was impersonal at all. Your blog is always very you. The only tragedy is that you didn't get to learn how to kiss on the ferris wheel... now that would've been a good birthday story. :)

Dianey Face said...

How do you know I didn't? ;) Just kiddin'.

Nae said...

Who was this cool guy? That's what I wanna know. ;)