Sunday, January 4, 2009

Maybe I should pick on somebody my own age...

I seem to be attracted to the "older guys". It all started in 8th grade. Once upon a time, a new family moved into the ward, and the son-who happened to be 5 years older than me-was the hunkiest hunk in hunkville! You should've seen him. It was one-sided infatuation at first sight. If you were to dig up some boxes from the storage room, you'd find fancy signatures of my first name next to his last name, and sketches of wedding dress ideas in all of my junior high notebooks. The crush lasted a pretty long time... before, during, and after his mission... until one day he was engaged to a girl who is older than him.

For a few years I was normal and had crushes on the guys in my own grade.

And then I returned to my old ways. I was 18 years old, and moved to my very first apartment. Within the first month, I was snatched up by a dashing 26 year old man. Ever since then, I think I typically justify, "Oh, you're 27? 28? 29? That's not that old." and it isn't. But maybe it is for me. I'm just 20. I'm a little girl! I've broken up *too many times because of the whole "different stages in life" thing. And yet, I keep falling for these serious, older guys who are so good, mature, and really attractive but they don't seem to even slightly appreciate me and my silliness. A wise philosopher once sang, "Girls just want to have fun."


Does anyone know a great 22 year old to set me up with?

*even twice is twice too many times.

6 comments:

Roo said...

"A wise philosopher" ? Ba-ha! Oh, Diane...I have lots of guy friends, but I can't think of any right now who match up to how amazing you are. That is the problem. Hmmm, maybe just give up for now and God will send you one.

Naazju said...

I'm sure you could widen your range just a little bit--22 - 24 would probably be safe. :D Good luck!

Mrs. Webb said...

If you wait a few months, I have a bunch of friends coming home from missions! They are all awesomely amazing! :)

Robyn said...

How many times have I said that it's really too bad I'm not a guy?! We'd be perfect for each other. ;)

Joking aside, I don't know that age is really the problem--your sample size is still fairly small. Even "old" people can be silly and know how to have fun. I have all the confidence and faith and hope in the world for you!

Nae said...

Hey, I had a crush on that newbie too! He really was hunkie-ish.

I see nothing wrong with you liking older men. The more time you spend liking them, the older you get. Then they aren't old anymore.

Viola. :)

Suzie said...

Hahaha! "Hunkiest Hunk in Hunkville," eh? Mind if I share with the family? :)