Monday, January 26, 2009

There is no "Diane" in "Team".

I wouldn't call myself an athlete by any stretch of the imagination. Usually when I attempt to play a sport (with the exception of running and biking), people wonder if I'm joking or if I'm really that uncoordinated. They feel like they have to help me by giving tips so that I don't embarrass myself more than necessary. I always feel so awkward and embarrassed with the extra attention. I suppose I could practice, practice, practice like the good example of David O. McKay, but sports just aren't #1 in my life.

But just as soon as I classified myself, I realized that in reality I...
run out of time
jump to conclusions
hit on boys
and
hoola hoop like a champion.

I guess I'm not talentless after all. I'm also quite punny. :D

Proofread by Bobyn Ruff.

2 comments:

Naazju said...

Remember when our ward had the Turkey Bowl and I very much stood to the side with my camera instead of participating? This blog very much explains why. At least you're willing to go on a limb and try--I gave up a long time ago.

And there's definitely a "Diane" in my team, if you're game. :D

sara said...

Um, seriously...I don't think I would've described it as punny - something else comes to mind, but I guess Mary got all the athletic genes in the family huh? And your dad, and Mike, and...

Just out of curiosity, Have your parents ever adopted?