Monday, January 12, 2009

"Spontaneity killed the fish!" - well known proverb

Man, I sure wish I had wireless right now. My lappy just hooks up to the router with a long red cord, restricting me to the front room. Normally, that would be fine, but some real mature guys in the ward are pranking my roommates. Shaving cream on the door. Right after the huge snow pile on our welcome mat a few days ago, which left a major puddle as it started to melt. Pranks... are fun. And flirtatious. But I'm pretty annoyed right now. Every time we start cleaning off the door, they come with more shaving cream and even water balloons.

Some of you are laughing.

Anyway, eventually I came out from my sanctuary to risk being exposed to more immaturity and blog. Because I really wanted to. Because, you see, I got myself some fishnet tights.

I like to think that I'm spontaneous. But spontaneity to me means Denny's at 3 am or swinging on swings in the park. These things are just part of who Dianey Face is and what she does. But then there are times that I do things that are crazy and fun but give me an alternate identity. For example(s): Playing rock band is exhilarating. It's the one time that I feel like a rocker chic. And when I bought fishnet tights. Now everytime I donn them, I can feel like a fish who is preparing to suffocate, die, and be served on a platter, eaten by a rich man on a cruise with a triple chin named Edgar.

4 comments:

Naazju said...

And may I say that you make an adorable rocker chick? Thanks for coming to Rock Band last night! (Bring your fishnets next week!)

Anonymous said...

So you're saying that you're Rock Band spontaneous, but not prank war spontaneous? Me, too!

I think you should write a story explaining the "well known proverb", Spontaneity killed the fish. The world is hungry for it.

Kaylie said...

Diane, I love your description of feeling like a "fish who is preparing to suffocate, die, [etc., etc.]" because that perfectly sums up how I feel when I wear tights, although I would never have thought to express that feeling so cleverly using such great imagery. Well done! If you wrote a column in the newspaper, I would read it!

Sarah said...

Ditto to the tight wearing comment from Kaylie. Plus they are just so uncomfortable. CLEARLY invented by men who didn't think to test the product on themselves for comfort first.

When I first read that, I accidentally read, "fishtight nets." I thought, what is she doing with nets? And why do they have to be fishtight? Is she planning on heading over to Utah Lake for dinner?