Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's raining cats and dogs and chickens and pigs...

I don't know if they'll really come out of the sky, but those animals commonly roam the streets that I will be walking on by December. And if it's the rainy season, it'll be raining rain. Hard. Yay Honduras! Can't wait to meet you!!!

Speaking of rain, I went to a baby shower recently, and I've been to many a bridal shower. And let me tell you, it's awesome to have a party where people come bring you gifts and money and pay you a lot of attention! So... I was thinking of throwing a missionary shower. You know... presents, money, mission advice, attention, the works.

I'm registered at the Distribution Center and Sis. Missionary Mall. ;)

Jokes. I'm not crazy enough to throw that kind of party. In reality, I leave my home in Orem in less than a week for a little jaunt down the street to live in the Provo MTC for a few weeks. Which leaves me just 6 more days to do crazy-fun things that missionaries can't do. And then I'll have 18 months to do crazy-fun things that missionaries can do. :) But... any mission advice or ideas of how to live it up these last couple of days?

I will miss you, dear readers, tremendously. Don't forget me. Write to me at least once. I'll post my address here before I go.

2 comments:

tbone said...

Just spend plenty of individual time with family members and friends. I'd say you're going to miss that more than most other things once you get out there. Good Luck Diane!!! You're gonna be great! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you! And boo for us. We'll sure miss you. I'm sure I've got plenty of advice to give, but maybe I'll save it for when you really want it. :) Just don't forget to hang out with me before you leave.