Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Can you believe I'm finally going??!?!?

Interrobang(s). The day is here. Tomorrow.

Yep. Tomorrow, so in less than 20 hours, I will be in the MTC. I'm excited, slightly nervous, and hoping I won't be this emotional during my whole mission... I've been crying over everything! But good tears, mostly. Don't worry.

I hope to receive letters from all of you. Keep me posted on life! You absolutely must send me at least one, alright? This is the easiest homework assignment! I'm giving you a span of 18 whole months to send a letter to your favorite Dianey.

My first 3 weeks (Sept. 16-Oct. 7 I think) I'll be at the Provo MTC.

Sister Diane Francis
Honduras San Pedro Sula Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
*
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo UT, 84604

*Not sure about the mailbox # until I arrive at the MTC... but my sister will post it on this blog.

After that, I go to the MTC in Guatemala for... however long. Don't have the address yet. And then...

Option 1: Pouch mail
"The Church provides pouch mail service to countries where other mail service may not be reliable. Each country regulates this service differently. To prevent possible fines or discontinuation of pouch service, only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch."

As this may be difficult to grasp, I will show you the steps. I'm not trying to patronize... I seriously did this wrong the first time. And after seeing these instructions and how easy and rewarding it is, you'll have no excuse... you'll have to write! :)
Write a nice, newsy, uplifting letter.Fold it in thirds.
Apply one piece of scotch tape.Flip it over...(Other side. :D )Place a stamp in the corner. Liberty stamps are good... they don't require additional pennies when the prices go up. Remember, as this is pouch, no international stamp needed. See how cheap it is??! Easy.Write my address and yours, because I will write you back!
Sister Diane Francis
Honduras San Pedro Sula Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150
USA
[Don't mess up like I did. ;)]And then the long journey to the mail box...And look how happy I will be when I get your letters!!!

Option 2:Packages[hint, hint, nudge nudge, ;) ;)]

Sister Diane Francis
Honduras San Pedro Sula Mission
12 Calle, Avenida Circunvalacion, S. O.
Edif. Yude Canahuati, 3 Nivel, Oficina 4
San Pedro Sula, Cortes
Honduras

Option 3: There is no other option. Write to me!!!

Also, read my emails if you want! I'll be sending them to family, and my sister will be updating this blog with them.

I love you all.

Docterine and Covenants 128:22
Brethren [and Sisteren], shall we not go on in so great a cause?

2 comments:

tbone said...

Courage, brethren! And on, on to the victory! :) One of my favorite scriptures. Diane, you're gonna be so awesome. I'll definitely be writing you. Don't you worry. And don't stress. The Lord takes care of His missionaries like you wouldn't believe.

Bruce said...

This is the best blog post I've read in a while! (<-- not an interrobang) I love the step-by-step guide to pouch mail. I was actually wondering what those directions meant when I was going to write Carianne a while ago. Now I know how to do it. :)

Maybe I'll even follow those steps...

Good luck! Central America is lucky to have you!