Friday, September 11, 2009

Don't hide your light under a bushel...?

and don't hide your needles inside a pin cushion.

This morning my mom ran out of needles and needed more. Being the smart and resourceful woman that she is, instead of buying some, she decided to just cut open an old pin cushion to see how many needles had wormed their way down into the middle. She asked me how many I thought she found.

I said 6, assuming I was exaggerating like a crazy person.

How many were really in there? 43. 43!!! In a small pin cushion, the size (and style) of a tomato. If there had been one less, I think we would find that pin cushions are significant when pondering life, the universe and everything.

There were also a few pins, including one with a huge ball at its head. How did that get in there?

2 comments:

Fredjikrang said...

Wow. That is pretty crazy!

Paul Epperson said...

Cutting them open is sure a lot safer than rubbing and bending them with your fingers. At least now I know a little of what quilters' fingers feel like.