Monday, August 31, 2009

Have you ever been on a blind date?

I have. Usually (for me) they're interesting and not super fun or memorable. All I remember from one of them is how obsessed he was with Charlie Brown/Peanuts... that's cool I guess. But if you're gonna be obsessed with a comic, couldn't you choose a funny one, at least? "Oh man! Lucy pulled away the football again?! No WAY! I can't believe she did that! The irony! The hilarious-ness! Ha ha ha..." And from another blind date, I can't remember what we did or even the guy's name for the life of me. Good thing my life doesn't depend on it. I'd be dead. But then, I know so many Matts... if someone was torturing me for his name I'd probably say "Matt" and I'd probably be let off the hook. Or the rack or hot iron or whatever they were torturing me with.

My point is, blind dates aren't that fun. As aren't, I would guess, dates with blind people. So vote for Sarah Hall to get Lasik, so her dates can be fun for the rest of her life!

CLICK HERE, PLEASE

PS: I don't mean to be offensive to all you blind people out there. Wait a second... unless you have braile computers these days, pretty sure you can't read this. So... I guess I shouldn't worry about offending anybody. But if your better-seeing friend is reading my blog to you right now, just know that I have really bad eyes without my contacts/glasses. We have a lot in common! So you should keep feeling/listening to my blog. Thanks.
PPS: I also don't mean to offend Charles Shultz or his family and friends.
PPPS: You can vote for Sarah every day until Sept. 8th. And you should. And tell all your friends! Ok. I'm done.

3 comments:

Naazju said...

Actually, people who are blind have special software that reads what's on the screen to them. I know because my high school best friend's father is blind and he actually does computer work for a living. :D (In fact, he also keeps a blog which is listing a miracle a day. It's awesome.) :D

Sarah said...

Thanks Diane! Hopefully I can get Lasik and see the big "E" one day. :-) Your blog is so funny.

Gabe said...

This post was awesome. It totally blind-sighted me. I liked it. :) Hope you are well dianey face! I need to call you soon.