Monday, April 7, 2008

Of Dreams, Dragons, and Darnation

I dreamt in Spanish last night, at least for part of my dream! I think that's a pretty good sign that I'm learning it slowly but surely. My roommate Kelli claims that one time I slept-talked in Spanish! That's really cool! The last couple of days I've woken up with a song already in my head, but usually it's been a song that I like or have been listening to a lot. This morning it was "Jingle Bell Rock", the twangy annoying version. Weird. Not only do I dislike that song, but it's about 4 and 1/2 months off. I think it's so funny how dreams make complete sense when you're in them, but when you wake up and think about your dream, or try to explain them to someone else, they make no sense at all.

I wore my "Trogdor" shirt to school today. I made sure to wear some lace with it though, so people wouldn't think I'm totally hard core. Is it wishful thinking to hope he will burninate school, including all my responsibilities that I haven't fulfilled? Even if he could just meltify all the snow, that would be amazing. Usually I save my Trogdor shirt for days that I really feel unprepared or stressed out. I save my "Teen Girls Squad" shirt for days when I really do have a crush on every boy. : )

Robyn kept cussing on the way to school, throwing around the "h" word as casually as someone commenting about the weather. Every time she said it, she used this weird hick accent. I was going to mention to her that that kind of language can be offensive, but I figure it's Monday, so she should be allowed to vent her frustration somehow.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it you who was a little frustrated this morning? :) I was just innocently giving you something to laugh about.
And in my defense, it was, in fact, hailing on our way to school this morning.

tbone said...

i dunno about that robyn character. shady as h---. haha. jk

Dianey Face said...

It's my blog, so I can improve the truth however I please. :D

Robyn said...

I think you just want more comments -- and look, I'm doing just that... ~sigh~.

Anonymous said...

comment...comment.

I remember the first time I talked in my sleep in Spanish. Well...I don't remember, but I remember hearing about it. Good thing my companion couldn't really tell what I was saying. Robyn probably could've used some of my vocab on her walk to school. :)

Keith said...

Love that you included that Wikipedia link.

That, Diane, is art.