Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wanna hear a funny joke? High School Language Classes.

I just took my Spanish final in the basement of the JFSB, where I was bombarded by French people! It's true! It looked as if they were Jr. High and/or High School aged, and they crowded the halls. I racked my brains trying to think of any French that I knew, just in case I met the man of my dreams (hopefully not a Jr. Higher...) or accidentally bumped into someone. But I couldn't remember even how to say "Excuse me". What a shame! ¡Que lastima! I took French for 3 school years, and all I can say is probably "Entre, S'il vous plait!" which I only know because my mom would say it all the time, and which I would rarely use unless I for some reason knew that the person knocking on the door was French. I've learned more Spanish in college (which I've only had about 10 and 1/2 months of) than French. I don't even remember basic verbs like "to be" or "to have", and I can't remember for the life of me how to conjugate. Oh well, I suppose the man of my dreams can be a Spanish speaker. Besides, I think it's more romantic when you have some inkling of what he's saying. And if I ever run into a French speaker, I'll just act crazy, screaming and flailing my arms a bit, and they won't even want me to talk to them. Good plan.

1 comment:

Paul Epperson said...

As one of those confusing French speakers, I have to say that your craziness and screaming will not keep us from talking to you. Nice try though.