Monday, May 24, 2010

Hola Familia Favorita

Hello family! It's so good to hear from you!

On Saturday, Maira and Jackie Argueta were baptized. It was also Hna. Gutierrez's birthday... and she felt like it was the best gift ever. We've been working with this family pretty much since I got here, and we feel so glad that they've progressed to this point and that now can enjoy the blessings of the gospel more in their lives. It was a great experience. Jackie (age 12) was so cute... nervous and scared of the river, but came out beaming.
And I felt happy in our gospel essentials class, which was about the atonement, and to hear the testimonies of Jonny Figueroa and Maira Argueta, our converts, of how they feel to have Jesus Christ personally as their Savior. They both enjoyed (with their spouses) a conference in Villa Nueva with Elder Clark, a seventy of the area.

A birthday package??! For me??!? :) I really could use a few Modbe sleeveless undershirts... a black one and a white one... and a few short sleeved size S shirts (modbe also), maybe a plain green one and a blue one, lightweight and good for hot weather. Through trading, etc. my clothes have become a little bit hard to match. :) Hooray!!!
I love you all very much!! Transfers have come and it's my turn to go. Changes are a good thing. I'll let you know all the details next week!
XOXOXHermana Francis
2 Ne 31:3.

Photos: The Argueta family, with the sister-in-law of Senen(the bearded man) and her kids, and Maira's father.
Hermana Ibeth made me fish! I don't know if you can see it well, but they eat the whole thing, eyeballs and all. Mmmm.

No comments: