Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hola familia, como le han ido?
The last couple of days have been great, as Hermana Gutierrez has let me lead to see how well I know the area. I´m amazed to see that although I still feel like I don´t know the area very well, the Lord always helps us get to where we need to be.

Today we had a P-day de zona in Pulipunzak which is a beautiful waterfall in our area. We had divisions because Hermana Boiton had to go to San Pedro for a doctor´s appointment and Hermana Gutierrez has already been to Pulipunzak and didn´t really want to go again. I remember the very first time I did divisions and how worried I was that I didn´t know enough Spanish or that I would get lost, but it´s becoming a lot easier every time. We played Ultimate Frisbee as a zone and some of the rules didn´t exactly translate, but I love seeing all the personalities of all the missionaries come out and I know it increases unity to have activities like that.

Yesterday we taught a less active family, the familia Maradiaga who went to the temple, had callings and responsibilities in the church but now haven´t been to church in 8 years. We´ve been teaching their daughter, Heydi, and as they see the need for her to be baptized, they are starting to be more animated about the church and are going to come on Sunday! I was able to testify about what it means to me to have generations of faithful members of the church and how if my grandparents had gone inactive where would I be? I´m amazed at how at times I feel as though perhaps we´re not the most powerful companionship of missionaries, but when we´re in the right place at the right time and testifying with sincerity, the spirit has the ability to touch their hearts and we can see changes.

The brother of Hermana Ibeth (our cook and also the Branch President´s wife... and our mom here. :) ) was here for a day from Choluteca which is the very tip bottom of Honduras and which is where the Varela family are from. He said there he met Hermana Fuka (who was with me in the MTC and the CCM) and that she wasn´t doing so well there with all the heat, but that she was transferred and is now doing a lot better. I was really happy to hear about her and it was definitely a tender mercy for me.

Times are pretty hard as far as work for everyone here. Our mission leader, Hermano Inmer Guerra, has been working for a taxi company (Here in Riolindo the best jobs are the taxis and Aguafinca... a great big fish factory) and just found out yesterday that he lost his job. I´m not exactly sure what happened but we have a FHE with his family tonight and I hope I can say something to help him. I wish I could help the people in this beautiful country with all their temporal needs as well as spiritually.

Tomorrow are interviews with President Cruz again! Hermana Gutierrez goes home on June 16th and I´m not sure if I´ll be staying to teach my new companion the area, but probably so. Who the Lord calls he qualifies, and I know that with His help I´ll be able to do it. I can´t believe how fast time goes. I love the time I can share with President Cruz... I always feel so much love and motivated to do better.

I love you all so very much! Say Hello to President Brady for me and send all my love to the 9th ward! Also to my dear Aunties and Robyn... I received un montòn of letters all at once and I feel so grateful! I promise I´ll make time to write back. Perhaps I´ve become a little bit Latina... :) It´s not really part of the culture here to write letters.

XOXOXOX Hermana Francis

No comments: