Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Wildly White Christmas

Those of you in P-town: have you seen this glorious weather? And if you're not, but you've ever seen snow, I suppose I'm asking you too. I absolutely love it. It has snowed so much this year. Right now I'm sitting in the warmth of my apartment, gazing out the window (except for the occasional glance at the screen to be sure I'm continuing on with my impeccable spelling. Except the first time I spelled "impeccable" just now, the computer corrected me because I spelled it "impecible". Ha ha, ironic. How hypocritical of me. Or is it hippo-critical?) at the soft flakes drifting down, and that [fill this space with a word which is a simile of "amazing", "incredible", "beautiful", "awe-inspiring", and 20 mas o menos other terms all into one] sky. I love it when the sky becomes so white and bright in the middle of the night. What the heck, add it to my top 15.

I've been wanting to blog for some time, but keep getting "busy". Tonight, however, I decided that if I let it go one more day without at least leaving one post, I'll most likely explode. Too much blog-worthy material is swelling up in my brain. Potential posts about events that were frustrating, traumatic, silly, laugh-so-hard-you-cry-funny, etc. need to be born.

And so, for tonight I would like to write about something that happened last week, but, beware: it is not for the faint of heart. Hopefully I'll be able to get through it without getting the jibblies.

I enjoy brushing my teeth. It's a pastime, really. The other night, I was brushing along, minding my own business, when I decided it would be good to focus on how I brushed. Instead of a careless back and forth motion, I thought little circles on each tooth might be good to ensure for optimal cleanliness. I was concentrating hard and staring at those pearly-not-perfectly-white-but-our-society-makes-this-a-bigger-issue-than-it-needs-to-be-I-mean-why-would-you-buy-teeth-whitening-strips-when-you-could-donate-that-money-to-an-actually-important-cause s in the mirror, when my eyes started wandering up the handle of the toothbrush. And then a sudden realization stilled my circles. This was not my toothbrush. Glancing up at the toothbrush holder, my fears were confirmed by seeing mine, sitting there, stationary and unused. How long had I been using the wrong one? They were both purple.

I didn't tell my roommate.

Merry Christmas! If you are in a funny mood and it's really late, check out this link. So very weird, but I love it.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I was staying at my girlfriend's parent's house one time and came out of the bathroom while brushing when she looked at me and said "why are you using my toothbrush?"

I was mortified, but she thought it was funny. We survived that one.

Naazju said...

I'm not going to ask which roommate it belonged to, but I loved the story. :) Merry Christmas!