Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hello again!

What a week. I can´t believe how much I learn in a day, in an hour, let alone a week. There is too much to say.

I got letters today!! 7!!!!!!!!! Thank you all so much. It takes a long time for letters to come, but I know you all love me, so I don´t worry when I don´t hear anything. Thank you for your support.

When reading your letters I smiled and laughed out loud at a lot of things, big and small. I realized that my love for my family and friends is so big, that it almost doesn´t matter what you say, I just love to hear how you are. So thank you.

The new Latino missionaries are here, and they are wonderful! My roommates always serve me with every opportunity, asking if they can help do my hair or teach me words. They all like to get up early, and one of them, Hermana Pineda reads Spanish with me to practice my pronunciation every day. I am so blessed to be in this place! I love it.

This week has been a week of personal revelation. I´ve had a lot of questions of the soul, and several have been answered! One came from my patriarchal blessing, and I´ve been wondering about it since I received it 7 years ago, and this week I gained more understanding about it because of the Book of Mormon. I felt so happy that Heavenly Father loves me and listens to my prayers.

I was very impressed by a sister that I´ve known since day one, Hermana Fuka (from Tonga). She got an allergic reaction on her face which swelled up her cheek and her lip, and really drew attention. Her companion and other sisters were telling her she should just study and maybe not go to class, etc. She later told me that she did feel embarrassed and bad about it, but no one was able to tell at the time! She said ¨my voice still works, my body works, I can still work, I can still serve the Lord.¨ Also on Fast Sunday, she was the only non Latino to share her testimony. What a brave Sister and friend.

President Christensen always asks us ¨what did you learn today?¨ when we meet together as a big group. Recently the question was ¨what have you learned in the last 7 weeks?¨ I immediately thought of the principle of every day repentance. I used to think of repentance as an event. Now it is a lifestyle. I constantly feel the need to improve and I love the feeling of the Holy Ghost helping me know what specifically to work on next, and then peace when I am improving... even though my progress is hard to see.

I´ve also gained a lot of strength from D &C 6 this week. And The stories of Zeniff, King Noah, and Abinadi and now Alma the Elder in the BOM. I love the scriptures! There is so much to learn!!!!

Well, time is short. But I want you to know that I have a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel and of the restoration of the church of Jesus Christ.. think about that... the actual church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on the earth. What a blessing it is to have this knowledge and to feel the Holy Ghost confirm truth. Please be missionaries and share your testimonies too!

I´m praying for all of you, and for Grandpa and his upcoming surgery. Let me know if my emails aren´t entertaining enough, or if they´re alright. I need to write for my audience here... and believe me, plenty of funny things happen too.

I love you! Stay true! Have faith, hope(patient perserverance), and charity.

Hermana Francis

No comments: