Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hermana(?) Face


Yep, that's right. I'm going on a mission! Today we took pictures for my mission papers, and boy, was it hard to get one where I wasn't too squinty or too half-smiling or something. I'm just not photogenic. Oh well. I was thinking I oughta send in this picture to hint majorly how badly I'd like to go Spanish speaking...


I'm really excited. No matter where I go, it'll be where I need to be. God knows what He's doing. Most of me really feels that way, but it seems like everytime I hear, "you'll probably go to Boise" or, as my sister was saying today, "Don't be too cute in your picture... they'll send you to Temple Square!" I automatically hear a loud "No!" come out of my mouth, followed by a quick, "I mean... wherever. I'm sure it'll be great... mumble mumble..." Hmmmm. It seems there is still a lot of immaturity in me that remains despite my efforts.

Tonight was poetry night, and I don't like my poem enough to post it on the blog. Shame, it took me like a half hour to write.

4 comments:

Shalyn said...

Yes! You're going on a mission! I totally understand the mission picture difficulties:) love it.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! And whatever- you are SO photogenic! Love ya!

Mrs. Webb said...

Yeah! I'm totally excited for you!

Funny story, my roommate sent in 2 pictures: 1 normal one like everyone does, and one that she wanted the Pres to use for transfer boards where she has a water gun and is holding it like in Charlie's Angles.

She actually sent it.

Too funny. :)

Barney Lund said...

Way to go Hermana face. The pics look awesome and totally cute--look out temple square!