Friday, February 20, 2009

Little ditty about Jack and Diane...

I've been looking for a "Jack" for some time now. And then I realized: Duh! Jack Handy!!! If he and I were to fall in love, I would never ever ever stop laughing. And then I would live forever, since laughter is the best medicine. I found the secret! Tuck Everlasting ain't got nothin' to say now.

I refound this gem today:

“It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, an angel gets set on fire.”
-Jack Handy

Yes, I know what you're thinking. I've also heard that Jack Handy isn't a real person. But, just as I was in the pit of despair, I read in the source of all truth that he is!! But then I also read that he is turning 60 on Wednesday. Ew. I may be fond of older guys, but... that's just twisted.

So, I'm still in the hunt* for a "Jack" who is hilarious and cute. And I don't know if a "John" is going to cut it. Well, maybe if he goes by "Jack" all the time. Depends on how desperate I feel.


*[Literally. In Roman mythology, "Diana" was the goddess of the moon, the hunt, and chastity. Hooray!!!]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As you know, Diane, Jack is getting a little old. There's need of a replacement and you're it. Congrats!

PS. Go chaste hunters of moons!

Dianey Face said...

Who is this anonie mouse? :) Hmmmm... maybe I shouldn't allow anonymous posts... I'm going to be wondering who you are...

Robyn said...

Cool! Thanks for the info about Jack Handy.
I'm glad that chastity was included in the description of Diana. ;) Just kidding.
And I want to know who "anonymous" is too.