Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Running on eggshells

I'm blogging today mainly to move that Adam Sandler/Dianey Face transformation down the page a little. It's kind of creeping me out. I'm tired of it being the first thing that my fan from Bangladesh sees when they come to the site. :)

And now for an update of my lists! I do realize that I haven't listed all of my Top and Bottom 15 here, but if I did that, no one would ever have to talk to me in person. I'd just wear a t-shirt that says "Don't talk to me, just read my blog. dianeyface.blogspot.com " Actually... that's a good idea! More traffic.
Just kidding, I love talking to people!

Top 15:
-Running
-Meeting someone new and talking as if you share a secret or you know each other much better than you really do.

Bottom 15:
-When food goes bad, especially when it seems like you just bought it. I can never eat my bread and vegetables fast enough.
-When my ipod dies and says it needs recharging after it's been recharging for 5 hours. Usually I can bring it back to life though. :)

Quote of the Yesterday:
So I work with this guy named John who is mentally handicapped. We just play and read and do fun math problems. It's a blast! Yesterday I was counting for some reason (can't remember why) and our dialog went like this:
"1, 2..."-D
"Buckle my shoe"-J
"3,4"-D
"shut the door"-J
(etc.)
"9, 10"-D
"The big fat nun"-J
I almost cried from laughing.

Self Discovery:
You know how some people count their chickens before they're hatched? I count, name and either befriend or eat my chickens before the eggs are even warm in the nests. Sometimes I have my whole life planned out, and then I'm surprised when things happen differently from expectations. But these are growing experiences. For which I'm grateful. I have a lot of room to grow.

Over and Out.

2 comments:

Paul Epperson said...

During your "Self Discovery" section, I thought you were going to talk about how much you enjoy eating eggs. Good thing I read the rest of the paragraph....

I enjoyed your post's format. Sometimes a few quick messages, expressions, stories, etc can do more than one long post that makes you hesitate before you start to read it, pondering if it is something you really want to do at the moment.

sara said...

I'm just wondering what medications you're currently taking and if maybe you should lower the dosage. Seriously though, I just did the counting rhyme thing in my head and I honestly can't think of what else usually comes after '10'. Isn't it supposed to be 'the big fat nun'? It's the only thing that makes sense to me.