Saturday, September 20, 2008

Song Dedications

Often a song/band plays on the radio or on itunes, and it reminds me of a certain person in my life. So I compiled a list of my friends and the songs that remind me of them. This isn't complete; as I was doing it, I realized it would probably be impossible to make it completely perfect. If I left you out or something, I'm sorry, and I still really like you. Many of the people on this list don't even read my blog, and may never know that their names are posted somewhere on the internet. Maybe they'll find it when googling themselves. :)

Abraham Engh: Crystal Ball - Keane
Barney Lund: that one funny Thai or Indian song with the really weird video on YouTube... can't recall the name
Becky Oman: Green Eyes - Coldplay
Brice Peterson: It's still Rock and Roll to me - Billy Joel
Brigg Olsen: The Eagles; Journey; Boston; Chicago
Calista Howes: Wasted - Carrie Underwood
Cathy Bearce Webb: 100 Years - Five for Fighting
Cherise Weber: Defying Gravity - Wicked Soundtrack
Chris Engh: No Air - Jordin Sparks
Christian Huff: Here (in your arms) - Hellogoodbye
Clark Early: Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Collin Evans: When you come back down - Nickelcreek; The Longest Time - Billy Joel
Dexton Upshaw: I want to hold your hand - The Beatles
Elizabeth Alor: That's the way it is - Celine Dion; Beautiful Soul - Jesse McCartney
Gabe Proulx: Landed - Ben Folds; Beautiful Mess - Diamond Rio
Hana Doggett: Swing Swing - All American Rejects; I'm a Believer - SmashMouth
Janae Card: Carry On My Wayward Son & Dust in the Wind - Kansas; I lost it - Kenny Chesney
Jared Webb: Queen
Jason Francis: They Might Be Giants; REM; John Coltrane
Jonnie Proulx: Apologize - OneRepublic
Josh Ruchty: The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Justin Karoly: Sadie Hawkins Dance - Relient K
Justine Alor: Remember when it rained - Josh Groban
Katie Alexander(my ex-roommate, not my sister's mission comp): Broken - Lifehouse
Keith Harten: Coldplay(especially The Scientist); Yesterday - The Beatles
Lydia Worden(and Monica Lindsay): Paper Bag - Fiona Apple
Maggie Worthington(and Ryan Holmes): Blackbird - The Beatles
Marcie Fillmore Francis: Thank you - Dido
Mary Francis Lund: My Maria - Brooks&Dunn; Ave Maria - David Bisbal; For Good - Wicked Soundtrack
Marybeth Mack: Uptown Girl - Billy Joel; Skin - Rascal Flatts
Matt Mitchell: Radiohead
Matthias Boone: Jack Johnson
Matthew Wise: Minimum Wage - TMBG
Mike Struthers: Would you go with me - Josh Turner
Nabby Parkinson: Ghost - Indigo Girls
Nate Evans: Tu de Que Vas - Franco de vita
Nicole Stoddard: Bubbly - Colby Calliat; Cake
Paul Epperson: Bye Bye Bye - N'Sync; And So it Goes - Billy Joel
Paul Mann: Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
Robyn Brough: These Days - Rascal Flatts; A thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton
Roo Adamson: Colors
Sarah May: Don't stop me now - Queen; The Way I am - Ingrid Michaelson
Shaylee Wright: Love Song - Sara Bareilles
Sondra Merritt: Absolutely - Nine Days
Steve Francis: Dinner Bell - TMBG; Dancing Queen - ABBA (don't ask)
Steve Porter: Animaniacs theme song
Suzie Davis: Yellow - Coldplay; Love Today - Mika; Short Skirt, Long Jacket - Cake
Taylor Worthington: Banjo Boy - Ryan Shupe and the RubberBand; Square One - Tom Petty

Are you weirded out, and confused about my song choices for you? Just ask and I'll tell you the stories and the "why"s.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dianey Face, I just googled my name to see if my studio came up in the search and look what I stumbled upon! You are so creative. I love reading your posts, mostly because you are a very entertaining writer. I miss working with you and I actually think about you alot and how lonely it would be to spend 8 hours a day in the Chamber of Secrets without anyone to laugh at name with (such as Sadie Hawkins) and to write down funny quotes with (such as the fact that kids look so dumb when they run). I hope everything is going well for you!
Cherise

Robyn said...

Can I please have the most songs dedicated to me? I am, after all, you're bestest freend. :)

Anonymous said...

I've had the idea of doing this with people in my life before, but I never got around to doing it. That just goes to show you're so much better than I am.

Diane Francis: And So it Goes - Billy Joel; I Learned that From You - Sara Evans; New York City - They Might Be Giants; Jack and Diane - John Mellencamp; Augustus Gloop - Danny Elfman

Keep it real, sista. We all love you.

Naazju said...

I love that a lot of these songs remind me of other people for completely random reasons. Isn't music wonderful? :)

Roo said...

Diane, Awww, I love you! And I love Colors! The concert was awesome!! I have a blog now--rooadamson.blogspot.com :)

Mrs. Webb said...

Diane!
I have some things to say to you about this post:

1. I am super excited that I even made it on your list in the first place!

2. I think of you every time I hear that song, too! :) So happy.

3. My name isn't Cathy Bearce anymore.

hehe! You are awesome! I may or may not copy your idea and use it for my own blog!