Sunday, August 3, 2008

¡Me gustan las montañas!

I've lived in Utah my entire life, and I've never ventured up the side of Mt. Timpanogos. On Saturday, I finally went with some friends on a very difficult but amazing hike.



Taylor's such a stud!


"The hills are alive... with the sound of music..."


The Three Billy Goats Gruff

At the top. My hair does funny things in the wind.


Getting pretty psyched to slide down a majorly steep glacier.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I slid down that thing on just my rear end.



Little streams and waterfalls that went across the path.

It was so incredible to be up in the mountains, away from the world, and to have the fulfillment of actually reaching the highest peak of a mountain. Muscles I didn't know I had are pretty sore now, and it'll be a little while until I do it again, but I'm really glad I did it. I am often so amazed by the beauty of this earth and how much joy we can feel by what we see and feel and experience while we're here. It makes me feel so grateful and so extremely happy.

2 comments:

Nae said...

Goodness, dahlin', you are a natural photographer! Those pics made me want to just leave work right now and climb that mountain. :) And I think you're beautiful. And I also think that Taylor+Diane=Really cute.

Suzie said...

Oh man, I wish I could have gone. Those pictures are so beautiful! Next time you're hiking Timp, I am getting work off a month in advance.