Friday, February 29, 2008

Untitled

I honestly just started this blog because I'm excited that it's Leap Day and I wanted to see the website automatically write "February 29 2008". Silly, I know.

Simple things make me happy. Today I wore flip flops for the first time since probably October and it feels great! So liberating, as opposed to those shoes that make my feet sweaty and hot, or worse: the shoes that allow any type of wettish substance to leak through and make my socks wet. It's something that I just can't ignore, and it bugs me all day. But not today! The snow has nearly melted, and all but my allergies are wonderful signs that spring is approaching. Being a native to Utah, however, I am not beguiled into thinking that it is already here. I predict at least one more snowfall.

Today is a happy day. It's an extra day for me to do everything that I've been wanting to do for the last four years but haven't had time for. Which means for me, a day to have a party or go swing on a squeaky swing set or have a laugh attack, or something like that. My homework can wait for an ordinary day.

Happy Leap Day!!

2 comments:

Barney Lund said...

I hope this is one of the best leap days you'll ever have...which, if you think about it, it has about a 1 in 20 chance, give or take.

Hana said...

Yeah, today is Conner's Birthday and since it doesn't come around often he and my dad flew down to Disneyland to celebrate