Thursday, April 15, 2010

xoxoxoxoxoxox from your favorite Hermana

Dear family

What a week! We had a zone conference on Wednesday and I had the chance to sing Brightly Beams with 3 other “gringas”, Hermana Meese from San Francisco area, Hermana Caldwell who worked with me at Platinum Protection, and Hermana Fairbrother who went to BYU and also happened to do a study abroad in Guadalajara. They are all very nice and it’s amazing how we’re instantly friends because we come from the same culture. I also get to see Hermana Story (my companion from the MTC) every time we have zone conference because she’s the mission nurse. I love seeing her and hearing her Spanish getting better all the time.

We were able to do divisions in Yohoa and I went with an 18 year old, Jennifer, who has a great testimony and so much love for the gospel. I’ve been so impressed with the sacrifices the Saints are willing to make in this area. They were so happy that we would come for a day to bring enthusiasm to many less active members there. And it was great to see some of them there on church on Sunday. The branch is very small.. we have about 50 in attendance for sacrament meeting.

Investigators are few right now, but we’re working hard and searching almost under the rocks to find them. We found a woman named Tania this week who was taught by the missionaries about 6 months ago and had almost all the ‘discussions’. We’ve been visiting with her but she didn’t accept our invitation to church on Sunday. We’re also teaching a man named Jonny whose wife is a member and I was able to help him with his English this week, which was fun.

I’m learning that a lack of confidence is a lack of faith, and we must press forward diligently, it doesn’t matter how much the members are involved or how many people we have the chance to teach, what matters is really acting as a representative of Jesus Christ, having faith in Him, and seeking to do His will.

I love you all so very much! Take care and I’ll write you in a week!

Love, XOXOXOX Hermana Francis

No comments: