Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hola familia!

Wow... how amazing was General Conference, eh? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't do so well in the Conference Bowl... I didn't really understand as much as I would have liked. But it was great to hear many of the speakers giving their talks in Spanish(which they had pre-recorded). I thought that was neat, how much love they had for the Spanish speakers of the world to share their message in their native tongue. What I did understand, due to much concentration and help from the Spirit, was exactly what I needed to know and learn. I especially loved Elder Martino's talk. Since he spoke to us in the CCM Guatemala and also here in the field, and since I know his neice serving in Argentina, I think I'll always be excited to hear him speak for the rest of my life. I'm excited for the Conference addresses to come out and to read all the talks in English.

It's been quite an adjustment working with my companion, Hermana Gutierrez. She is quite sensitive and we're working on improving our communication and working well together. I pray that I can become who the Lord wishes me to become and develop charity and patience... and fast! Ha ha... that's patience, for ya, right? But I'm realizing that in the mission I'll have the opportunity to work with every different type of person and that as I do, I learn more and more about myself and how I need to improve.

Well, I know this is super short, but it's time to go. Know that I'm alright but need prayers of faith that Hermana Francis can develop more faith and confidence.

I love you all! I'm fine! Better email next week, I promise.
Hermana Francis.

No comments: