Friday, June 12, 2009

Can't wait to be a Hermana!

My mission call came on Thursday, and I was already on my way to Spokane, Washington for the weekend. So Mary opened it and I read it over skype. I could hardly believe it was true! I received the wish of my heart. :)

I'm going to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I've been called to serve in the Honduras San Pedro Sula Mission.

I'll be around til Sept. 16th, and then it's off to the tarantula and bat-filled, wild jungle-y, banana capital of the world for me!

When Columbus left it, he said, "Gracias a Dios que hemos salido de esas Honduras" or, "Thank God we have come out of those depths". I say, Gracias a Dios que puedo ir a Honduras.

4 comments:

Steve said...

congrats! que bueno and all that jazz...
don't come back without a tarantula in a jar (for John E of course)

Naazju said...

Um, please leave all tarantulas in the country where you found them.

Congratulations, again!

sara said...

Wow! Mary's fired for not telling me. Congrats! I'm so excited for you! You'll be great!

Charlotte said...

Congrats on your call! I'm way excited for you! You'll be a great missionary!