Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I´ve been a little discouraged about Spanish and my lack of experience and all the little mistakes I make (culturally and generally), but I know that my faith is being tested and that things will improve as I trust in the Lord and try harder to focus on others. I didn´t want to worry you, but I haven´t been as happy as lately. I think part of the reason is that none of my converts are active, and I´m doing all I possibly can to help them. Here in these missions, it is really easy to baptize and really hard to retain. I think now in retrospect that we didn´t really teach as long and well as we could´ve, but I couldn´t argue... Hermana Rosales was the trainer and she said that I have to fight for my baptizms and do all possible to have them. Anyway, I´m trying to help them and learning from sad experience that 1. I have great responsibility as a missionary to do all I can before baptism to help them have a real conversion and 2. people have their agency, and I can´t be destroyed if they choose not to be faithful. But I am having a hard time about it. Please keep Delmy, Nahum, Evelyn, Maria, Reina and Cindi in your prayers. Also Hna Figueroa is amazing but not super obedient... as you can see we´re emailing our families right now at 7 pm and we should be prosceliting. But I´m learning and I know I need to do all I can to be obedient. Just wait... and don´t worry. In time I´ll be back to my normal, happy, slightly more wise self.

A miracle though! Maria (Brigida) has been off working selling things and I haven´t seen her in a few weeks and she hasn´t been to church. But because the Lord loves her and me and is answering my prayers, she was in our path twice this week and the second time she came to a lesson that we had with the Contreras family and felt the spirit. I was so glad she could be there, and the Rodriguez family has agreed to continue to help her attend church.

Silvano was preaching the gospel with us, introducing us to his friends on Friday, and he should be baptized this next Saturday. We´ve been working with his wife Sofia, but it seems that she´ll be following Silvano in more time... she still has doubts and hasn´t received her answer yet. Silvano has been waiting for baptism because he wants to be baptised with her, but because she´s hesitant and he needs to progress, we´re pretty sure he´ll be baptized alone on Saturday. I know someday the family will be all strong in the church.
Attached is a photo of them. (Finally you can know who I talk about all the time!)

I´m trying to forget myself and go to work! I know that not every day of my mission will be easy and the best day ever, but I have faith that the Lord is making me into who He wants, and that with His help I can do all things. I love my companion, we get along very well, and I´m being taken care of by the good members here.

I love you all so very much! Keep strong and endure joyfully every day!
¡Nos Vemos!
Hermana Francis Xoxoxoxoxoxox

No comments: